close
come in handy   派上用場

handy是「方便」的意思。come in handy 可以用來形容物品,也可以用來形容

。例如 : Paul only comes in handy whenever we have computer problems.
                    (寶羅只在我們需要修電腦時派得上用場)

A: Why are you bringing an umbrella?  
      (你幹麻帶雨傘?)

B: It might come in handy if we run into showrers later.
       (萬一待會兒下大雨的話會用得上)

A: Here, put this extra water bottle in your pack.  
      (多放一瓶水到你包包裡吧)

B: Good idea.  It might come in handy if we get thirsty.
      (好主意。如果待會兒口渴的話就可以拿來喝了)

 

...have never been much with...  一直都不擅長......

如果要表達肯定句的「一直都很擅長」,你可以說...have always been good with...。這句後面接名詞時,介係詞是with;如果要接V-ing,介係詞則是at

A: I've never been much with numbers.  Can you figure this out?
      (我對數字一直都沒什麼概念,你來幫我算一下好嗎?)

B: I'll try.  Let me take a look.
     (盡量囉,讓我看看)

A: Can Marcia ski?
     (瑪西亞會滑雪嗎?)

B: Of course, she's always been very good at skiing.
      (當然囉她一直都很擅長滑雪)


# 摘自Cheers
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    Output練習簿 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()